1/2 cup oil
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of milk
3 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup nesquik (or whatever chocolate you have)
To moisten the cake:
1 glass of milk with Nesquik
1/2 can of condensed milk
50 g of grated coconut
1 tbsp of butter
1 splash of heavy cream or coconut milk
1 1/2 can of condensed milk
4 tbsp Nesquik (or whatever you have)
1 1/2 tbsp butter
For the sponge cake:
1. Turn the oven on to medium heat. Beat the oil with the eggs until they foam and, if possible, are as clear as possible. Add the sugar. Then the milk and, finally, the flour together with the chocolate. If it is difficult to mix, add a tablespoon of milk until it is manageable. Grease a 26 cm dish and place in a moderate oven for 40-45 minutes or until completely cooked.
2. Once the cake is completely cold, divide it and put the first part on a base (tip: you can use a teaspoon of dulce de leche to stick it together so it doesn’t move). Moisten it with half of the milk+Nesquik preparation and let it sit for 5 minutes.
For the filling:
3. Meanwhile, make the filling in a bowl or pot. There we put all the ingredients, except the cream/milk, and stir until it comes to a boil and wants to stick. Then we add the cream/milk and continue stirring until it thickens again; But if it doesn’t thicken much, you can let it rest for a few minutes. Once ready, transfer it to the cake and place the other part, which we are also going to moisten with the remaining liquid.
4. Put all the ingredients in a pot and mix without stopping for a second until it comes to a boil. When this happens, wait approximately two minutes until the mixture takes time to fall from the spoon. But be careful! It should not go beyond this point otherwise it will be too hard for coverage and, if you take it out of time, it will not harden. IMPORTANT: Cover the cake as soon as we take it off the heat, otherwise it is difficult to handle.
5. Finally, decorate as you like (chocolate sprinkles, colored sprinkles, grated coconut). I like to reserve a little of the coverage and make balls, in addition to adding chocolate sprinkles.