Indulge in the exotic flavors of the Pacific islands with our tantalizing Hawaiian Style Teriyaki Chicken recipe. Bursting with savory and sweet notes, this dish promises to transport your taste buds to a tropical paradise. Whether you’re hosting a luau-inspired feast or simply craving a taste of Hawaii, this recipe is sure to impress.
Originating from Japanese culinary traditions, teriyaki sauce has evolved over time to become a beloved staple in Hawaiian cuisine. The marriage of soy sauce, sugar, and aromatic spices reflects the cultural fusion that characterizes Hawaiian cooking. Our Hawaiian Style Teriyaki Chicken pays homage to this rich culinary heritage while adding a touch of modern flair.
- 3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 5 cloves of garlic, mashed
- 1 ginger root, 2-3 slices cut thin and lengthwise
Marinating the Chicken
- In a large bowl, combine the water and soy sauce, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the mashed garlic and ginger slices to the mixture, infusing it with aromatic flavors.
- Place the chicken thighs into the marinade, ensuring they are fully coated.
- For optimal flavor, allow the chicken to marinate for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. However, if you’re short on time, a minimum marinating period of 24 hours will suffice.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing any excess liquid to drip off.
- Grill the chicken thighs for 5-7 minutes per side, or until they are cooked through and have a delicious charred exterior.
- While grilling, baste the chicken with additional teriyaki sauce for added flavor.
Alternative Method: Boiling
- If you’re pressed for time, you can skip the marinating process and boil the chicken directly in the teriyaki sauce.
- In a large pot, bring the teriyaki sauce to a boil.
- Carefully add the chicken thighs to the boiling sauce, ensuring they are fully submerged.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until it is cooked through and tender.
- Once cooked, transfer the Hawaiian Style Teriyaki Chicken to a serving platter.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds for a pop of color and texture.
- Serve alongside steamed white rice and grilled pineapple for a complete Hawaiian-inspired meal.
Our Hawaiian Style Teriyaki Chicken recipe is a delicious fusion of sweet and savory flavors that will transport you to the sun-kissed shores of Hawaii. Whether you’re grilling up a storm at your next backyard barbecue or simply craving a taste of the tropics, this dish is sure to satisfy. With its simple yet flavorful marinade and versatile cooking methods, it’s no wonder why this recipe is a crowd-pleaser. So fire up the grill, gather your friends and family, and get ready to experience a taste of paradise!