Dive into the deliciously tangy and sweet flavors of this Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake. With a crumbly base, creamy lemon filling, and a buttery topping, this dessert is sure to please the palate. Simple and quick, it’s the perfect treat for when you want something effortlessly exquisite!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can (21 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Prepare Crumb Mixture: In a large mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix and melted butter until you get a crumbly consistency.
- Layering the Base: Transfer half of the crumb mixture to the prepared baking dish and press it down lightly to form an even base.
- Lemon Cream Cheese Filling: In a separate bowl, blend the lemon pie filling with the softened cream cheese. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and well-combined.
- Assembling the Cake: Pour the lemon cream cheese mixture over the crumb base in the baking dish, ensuring even coverage.
- Adding the Top Layer: Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the lemon cream cheese layer, creating a crumbly top.
- Bake: Slide the baking dish into the preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. You’re looking for a golden-brown top and a set center.
- Cool & Serve: Let the cake cool for a bit after baking. Slice into squares and serve either warm or at room temperature. For an extra touch of decadence, consider adding a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a dollop of whipped cream on top.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use a different citrus fruit in place of lemon?
Yes, you can experiment with oranges or limes to create your unique citrus twist. Just adjust the sweetness accordingly for a balanced flavor.
2. How do I store leftovers?
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The cake remains fresh for up to three days.
3. Can I use a gluten-free cake mix for this recipe?
Absolutely! Feel free to use a gluten-free cake mix for a dietary-friendly version of this dessert.
4. Is it possible to make this cake without cream cheese?
While cream cheese adds richness, you can substitute it with a creamy alternative or omit it for a slightly different texture.
5. Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze it for up to a month. Ensure it’s well wrapped to preserve its freshness and flavors.