1 package fettuccine
1/2 kg raw and peeled shrimp
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 crushed garlic clove
1/3 cup white wine
2 cups whipped cream
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1. Place the pasta in a pot of boiling water with a tablespoon of salt and cook according to package instructions. Drain and reserve. (Do not rinse or pour cold water).
2. While pasta is cooking: Season shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place a skillet over medium-high heat with a teaspoon of oil. Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp and cook them for 2 minutes per side only until they are cooked, that is, to the point that they no longer look transparent. Reserve on a separate plate to prevent overcooking.
3. In the same skillet add 2 tablespoons of butter and the chopped onion. Season for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add the minced garlic and let it cook for another minute. Add the wine and let it boil until approximately 25% of the liquid remains.
5. Add the 2 cups of heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add the Parmesan cheese and mix until smooth and creamy. Let it simmer a little longer but do not let it boil so that the cheese does not separate from the cream. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Now add the pasta and shrimp, mixing until the pasta is completely covered with the sauce. When serving, garnish with the chopped parsley and you can add a little more Parmesan.