Indulge in culinary excellence with our Pan-Seared Ribeye with Garlic Butter recipe, designed to elevate your dining experience to new heights. This sumptuous dish combines the rich flavor of ribeye steak with the aromatic essence of garlic-infused butter, resulting in a gastronomic masterpiece that will leave your taste buds craving for more.
Pan-searing is a cooking method revered by chefs worldwide for its ability to lock in the natural juices and flavors of meat while creating a tantalizing crust on the exterior. In this recipe, we take the exquisite marbling and tenderness of ribeye steak and pair it with a luscious garlic butter sauce, resulting in a dish that is both elegant and satisfying.
The art of pan-searing dates back centuries, with its origins rooted in the culinary traditions of Europe. Historically, pan-searing was favored for its ability to quickly cook meats to perfection, making it a popular choice among busy households and discerning chefs alike. Over time, this cooking technique has evolved, with chefs experimenting with various seasonings and sauces to enhance the flavor profile of the dish.
- 2 boneless ribeye steaks (1 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Prepare the Ribeye Steaks: Begin by removing the ribeye steaks from the refrigerator and allowing them to come to room temperature for optimal cooking.
- Season the Steaks: Season both sides of the ribeye steaks generously with salt and pepper, ensuring that the seasoning is evenly distributed and gently pressed into the meat.
- Preheat the Skillet: Place a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and allow it to preheat for 4-5 minutes until it is hot and ready for cooking.
- Sear the Steaks: Once the skillet is hot, add canola oil to the pan, ensuring that it covers the surface evenly. Carefully place the seasoned ribeye steaks in the skillet, making sure they do not touch each other to ensure even cooking.
- Cook the Steaks: Sear the first side of the ribeye steaks for approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds, or until a golden crust forms. Use a timer to ensure precise cooking time. Then, flip the steaks and sear the second side for an additional 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Check for Doneness: Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness and desired doneness of the steaks. For accuracy, we recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure the steaks reach your preferred internal temperature:
- Rare: 125°F
- Medium-rare: 135°F
- Medium: 145°F
- Medium-well: 150°F
- Well done: 160°F
- Infuse with Flavor: As the steaks cook, add unsalted butter, smashed garlic cloves, and fresh thyme sprigs to the skillet. Allow the butter to melt and spoon it over the steaks to infuse them with rich flavor.
- Rest and Serve: Once the ribeye steaks reach your desired level of doneness, remove them from the skillet immediately and transfer them to a plate. Loosely cover the steaks with foil and let them rest for five minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Optional Garnish: For an extra burst of flavor, drizzle the ribeye steaks with the remaining garlic herb butter before serving.
Indulge in the ultimate culinary experience with our Pan-Seared Ribeye with Garlic Butter recipe. Elevate your next meal with the exquisite flavors of tender ribeye steak paired with a luxurious garlic butter sauce. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or simply craving a gourmet treat, this recipe is sure to impress even the most discerning palate.