- 200 grams of crushed speculoos cookies
- 500 ml of milk
- 200 grams of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Liquid caramel
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Add the crushed speculoos cookies and mix until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract to the egg and sugar mixture, and then gradually beat in the milk and speculoos cookie mixture, beating well to make sure everything is well mixed.
- In individual molds or a large one, pour a little liquid caramel in the bottom. Then, pour the custard mixture over the caramel.
- Place the molds on a baking tray with hot water (bain-marie). This helps cook the flan evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 45-50 minutes, or until the flan is firm but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let the flans cool to room temperature before refrigerating for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, run a knife around the edges of the molds and invert onto a plate so the caramel is on top.